06 May 2018

PSM?



I guess I stop my background story for a while. Right now I am busy as hell with my PSM. Yeah I am already the end of persuing my degree. I didnt realize that it would end this quick or would I realize that it would end up this way. My love of my life leave me for someone else, some other guy, my PSM getting really, like really impossible to finish right now, plus I didnt have any spirit nor the courage to do it actually. I just want to leave UTM as fast as possible.

Nah maybe I just want to leave Johor actually. I just don't want to be hear anymore. It just make my heart fell apart day by day just being here.

Oh yeah my PSM, I doing a PSM about biomass actually. Biomass is like a replacement for fuel in the future, well, if it actually able to replace it. Biomass is what you refer as a energy that you get if you burn a plant specifically, or any part of a plant. As for me I use the shell of the palm oil fruit. Not a very interesting topic for my PSM though, i would prefer simulation of any kind of robotic kind of thing, but hey if it can let me graduate, i didn't mind after all. I mean it not that bad as I kind of like thermodynamic too.

The point of my experiment is that how would you improve the biomass. Yes, you can just burn the biomass and get the energy however, the amount of it is very low. Not to mention, to burn the biomass itself consume energy and the biomass in its original nature has a lot of moisture making it harder to really benefit from it.

So what do you do? In my experiment I do two thing. The first one is heating up the biomass under the absence of oxygen or what we called torrefaction. We replace the oxygen with nitrogen so basically we just heat up the biomass in a nitrogen surrounding. The point of this is that to remove moisture so that it is easier to do pyrolysis (the process which to gain energy from the biomass).
Another thing that I do is called washing process. So like the name itself, i just basically washed the biomass with distilled water. For what? Well actually to remove impurities or inorganic thing inside the biomass specifically potassium (K). The potassium and the other inorganic matter is not a good thing inside the biomass as it will produce a lot of ash/soot during the pyrolysis which reduce energy you gain from the biomass. Well ash is never a good thing.

So basically that is my PSM is all about. It sound easy but hell it is very hard especially when you have to repeat the same thing over and over again. Okay its not hard but boring actually 😂. But hey, im still doing it.

I hope that someday if i have grow old enough i would remember the things that i did here. The hardship that i being through just to graduate.  Torrefaction lul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do people interpret love?

So recently I have been a third wheeler ( refer to a guy/girl who help others in their love relationship or something like that), and yeah i...